Printable Gift Policy (PDF document)
Guidelines for gifts/donations to Reeves Memorial Library:
- Potential donors should provide a list of materials being offered, prior to sending a gift.
- Gift materials will be evaluated using the same standards that are applied in selecting new materials.
- Donations to the collection must be able to be integrated without the need for special facilities, control, handling, or staffing unless the cost is contained as part of the gift.
- The library is not able to accept duplicates of materials already in the collection, unless the library copy is in a condition that warrants replacement.
- Periodicals can only be accepted if the issue(s) fills a gap or deficiency in the collection.
- The IRS requires that the donor be responsible for gift appraisals. By law, the library is not allowed to be responsible for the appraisal of gifts.
- The library has the right to retain or dispose of any gift according to library policy. A donor who desires the return of any materials not added to the collection should pick up or arrange for
shipment of the materials on a timely basis and at donor's cost.
- All departments of Seton Hill University must adhere to this policy in accepting potential donations for the library.
- The library reserves the right to refuse unsolicited gifts that do not comply with this policy.
- The donor is responsible for the delivery of the gift.